Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Summer Holidays, Part One



On July 28th 2009, Dad, my sister, and I took the car to go to Lublin (Poland). A strange journey, this year. Dad drove for 2 days, unfortunately we could not find a motel to take a nap, so we were quite dead when we arrived. Why ? The motels were too expensive in Austria and Slovakia. I forgot to mention that this year, we decided to go across Austria and Slovakia to see the capitals (Vienna and Bratislava). Actually, it was really beautiful, as we arrived in the capitals at night, the places were deserted. To my great surprise, you can find at 3AM in the streets of Vienna, a bar filled with people who are drinking beers. The Cathedral is amazing at night, mysterious as in gothic tales! And of course, in the streets, cathedral-like silence! I was so tired, I could not feel my body – it went to “bed” before my head – but even so, we took the car to go to Bratislava, as we could not find any cheap hotels. The old town of Bratislava is amazing but at that moment I was only thinking of finding a bed – or a coffin – in the streets of Bratislava. Even at 5AM the price of a room in a basic hotel does not fall. Imagine how we looked like at 7PM, like walking skeletons.


Vienna Cathedrale


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...