Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Summer Holidays, Last Part, At Last!



I will not be bothering you, again, with my enchanted holidays - this is the last part. I have realized that my Summer Holidays are over and now I must face a new year of studies, hard work and sweat, travelling by public transport. I hope I will not kill myself this year – O I hate French public transport so much! French people are so afraid of draught that they always close the windows, and it really stinks!

So, when we went back to Lublin, from Gdańsk, we stopped at a restaurant to eat something. I will never forget the joke my sister played on me in the toilets. My sister and I went to the toilets after lunch. Unfortunately, I noticed there was not any toilet paper, therefore I asked my sister to bring me some. I opened the door, my sister gave me this holy paper and I thought she was still behind the door - waiting for me - so, I did not take the trouble to lock the door. I was about to slip on my pants, when someone opened the door. It was not my sister; it was a mother with her daughter! Sod it!! I hope I have not traumatized her daughter.

Gdańsk is a beautiful place! When I was there I could not say if it was a Polish town or a German town or a town from somewhere else! It is so atypical there! It is very different from the other towns in Eastern Europe. You will find people from all over Europe. You will hear people speak Polish, German, Dutch, English etc.… It is very easy to understand each other. If you do want to visit Gdańsk, I advise you not to come during “Jarmark św. Dominika”, as it is crammed with people and tourists. It is hard to go for a walk at that moment, but if you are obsessed with shopping, you have to go and see “Jarmark św. Dominika”; I assure you that you will spend all your money freely there.

I stop writing about my holidays! You do have instead some photos. I miss you Poland!




gdansk


gdansk


sopot


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


gdansk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...