Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Summer Holidays, Part Four



August 5th 2009: A day like the others or almost like the others

I put my hair in a double bun , and I think, it was in the way that day. Heat was unbearable, our car was just about to melt in the sun. I felt faint. The little accident happened in a shopping centre, in Lublin. As I was getting out of a book store – I bought Camera Works by Stieglitz – I felt weird. My head was spinning, and I was dazzled by the light.

Actually, I had the impression that I was falling asleep, that I was about to dream. When I woke up, I did not understand, at first, why I was not in my bed. I was lying on the floor, my dad and sister above me, panic-stricken. Dad was shouting at a guy – who was working in a store next to us – to call an ambulance. My father and my sister helped to pick me up and I lied down on a very comfortable bench – thanks God, they are benches in shopping centers! – waiting for the ambulance. They arrived quickly and examined me. To put it in a nutshell, I have a very low blood pressure. At least, I love the book I bought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...