Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Summer Holidays, Part Three



July 29th 2009 : Passing through Kraków


Krakow


In the afternoon, we decided to take a long break and to visit Kraków. This is the third time I visit Kraków, it is always an eternal source of wonder! We went to Michalik, the most beautiful café I know in Europe! It withdrew from the world, when you get in the café, you go back in time, this is amazing! It is dark inside and homely. Their cakes are so good - if you are on diet, forget about this café! Then, we went to Czartoryski Museum to see the famous portrait of Cecilia Gallerani, Lady with an ermine by Leonardo Da Vinci. Let’s not forget Kościół Mariacki (St Mary’s Basilica)! It has been renovated! The colours are so vivid! But you have to pay if you want to take photos. The entrance to the basilica is not free (if you want to pray, it is free). We ended our break with Kraków Market Place, where my father bought a pilot hat. I saw the Art school I’ve been dreaming of : ASP Kraków, I wish I could be a successful candidate.

Late in the afternoon, we went back to our journey to go to Lublin. We arrived there at 1Am, I flop stiff into my bed and woke up the day after at 5pm.


davinci


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...